Available now on Amazon.com
For millions of victims on the path to recovery, I AM ME is the next step.
This is my story of childhood abuse, sibling bullying and hiding from who I was. I am a survivor and want to help others heal as I did from my trauma and show them there is hope.
I AM ME touches on the following:
- Explore my strategies for survival and healing
- Help survivors identify and validate their childhood experiences
- My experience of a devastating and traumatic encounter with my bullying brother that changed my life forever
- My first gay relationship, which mirrors the emotional and psychological traumas of my past life
- My emergence as a gay man and my first experience of truly loving another man
- Efforts to deny my sexuality and hide who I really was to please everyone else
- How I worked through issues such as trust, intimacy, and sexual confusion
Statistics show that most boys and men do not come forward about abuse out of shame and fear. I was one of those statistics but after years of depression and attempts with suicide I decided it was time to tell my story. I hid my entire life to please my family and others around me out of fear that they would disown me and not accept me for me. I want to help others who suffer and show them that not only can they survive but I can help them with the steps they need to take to enjoy life again.
About Patrick Dati
Patrick Dati is a survivor of child abuse and years of bullying. Patrick is now a nationally recognized Child Advocate seeking to promote increased awareness of child abuse and bullying, and deliver a message of hope onto victims.
I AM ME helps educate survivors and others who just want to learn more about the pain, needs, fears, hopes and the recovery process of an adult survivor.
Send and email to inquire how to purchase I AM ME: email@example.com